Phytonutrients are the leading futuristic medicine research supplement in the fight against cancer today. As always, it is important to talk to a healthcare provider before starting any new supplement program. The process of increasing phytonutrients in the foods that you consume can actually save your life.
Researchers around the world are taking advantage of these phytonutrients that are increasingly becoming known as helpful agents to prevent not only cancer however also mental stress. After looking up articles about phytonutrients, you may be wondering what foods are actually full of these phytonutrients that you can eat everyday.
Here are eleven key phytonutrients that have life-changing effect if eaten or drunk.
- Anthocyanins: Berries, grapes and goji are major foods that contain this phytonutrients. By eating these anthocynin filled foods, your body will be given antioxidants substances that protect against cancer-causing damaged DNA and promotes apoptosis.
- Resveratrol: Grape skins and seeds are an excellent source of this phytonutrients. These foods have been known to induce apoptosis in cell studies and have been known to stop cancer growth and slow down tumor growth.
- Ellagic Acid: Pomegranate, raspberries and strawberries are good examples of this phytonutrients. These foods help defend the cell lining from harmful carcinogenic substances that are found in every household. In addition, studies have shown that they will prevent colon cancer.
- Lycopene: Tomatoes and watermelon are excellent sources of phytonutrients. These foods are well-known to provide against prostate cancer and lung and stomach malignancies.
- Allyl Sulfides: Garlic and onions are good examples. These two foods will slow down the growth of tumor cells and induces apoptosis.
- Catechins: Green tea is the best example of this substance. The antioxidants that green tea holds will keep tumors from taking hold and increasing.
- Sulforaphane: Green vegetables like broccoli and brussel sprouts are good examples. As many people known, these gree vegetables actually activate important enzymes that detoxify carcinogens and help in promoting apoptosis.
- Chlorophyll: Again, these are usually leafy greens such as barley, wheat and spirulina. These have detoxify agents that protect genes from cell damage and create a healthy immune system.
- Lutein: These are usually fruits such as mango and other vegetables such as winter squash. They hold essential antioxidants that have shown to aid against breast, colon and prostate cancers.
- Quercetin: This substance usually carries a broad selection of fruits and vegetables however my favorites are apple and cranberries. They act again, like many others as a antioxidant which are known to help against the prevention of cancer and clear out carcinogens.
- Limonene: This is my favorite category since it contains lemons. Lemons, not lemonade, contains many helpful advantages however it is best known to clear carcinogens from the liver.